Automatic cycling of collections?

I love what you’ve done so far, and this seems like a great platform for displaying images. The one feature I need is to be able to cycle through the items in my collection, without having to manually do a push. Is this currently possible, I certainly could have missed it?

If not, is there an api documented that would let me script something? Or another way you can think of to accomplish this? Thanks!

Hey Joseph!

This is something we’ve talked about a lot, and would definitely be useful. Openframe doesn’t have this functionality build in, but it is exactly the type of thing the extension system is good for. In fact, a few weeks back I wrote a quick example extension, openframe-slideshow, which does this… it’s quick and dirty, but works. You can install it on the pi:

$ openframe -i openframe-slideshow

Unfortunately there’s no UI to update settings (duration between artworks, e.g.), and the slideshow is set to rotate each minute. You can change the duration via the REST API by updating your frame’s settings, but it’s not currently well-documented. If you’re interested in this, let me know and I’ll shoot you some more info.

Hope that helps!

Jonathan

Hello Jonathan,
Can you please give me more info on how to change duration (and possibly time of day) for changing artwork automatically.