Debugging/Developing (Processing) extension

I’ve tried to use the Processing extension. As it was leaving me with a black screen I’ve started looking into what is causing this.

First of all, it would be really helpful to see the logs or output on the terminal. How can I do this?

I’ve also looked into the code of the available extensions and saw this line in “extension.js”:

// how do start this type of artwork? currently two token replacements, $filepath and $url

``

The Processing extension seems to use $filepath whereas some other ones use $url. What is the difference?

As described in my issue post (https://github.com/karlosgliberal/Openframe-Processing/issues/1) I’ve tried to use the URL field to enter the URL to the PDE file. I’m not sure if this is correct.

Is $filepath still available or a legacy component?

Thanks.

Also, what is the artwork download option doing?

Thanks.

Another issue. I’ve tried logging in via SSH from a Mac. I got some errors

setterm: terminal xterm-256color does not support --blank
setterm: cannot (un)set powersave mode: Inappropriate ioctl for device

``

and found this suggestion having to do with Openframe:
https://raspberrypi.stackexchange.com/questions/48094/setterm-terminal-xterm-256color-does-not-support-blank#comment74129_48132

Commenting out those lines in “/etc/kbd/config” didn’t fix it for me, unfortunately. Do you have any other ideas?

I’ve been able to fix the SSH login issue by disabling Openframe autostart. This can be done by resetting the frame via openframe -r or commenting out the following line in ~/.bashrc: source ~/.openframe/autoboot.sh

It seems like those setterm errors have nothing to do with this being unable to login via SSH. Instead, it seems like the Openframe starting routine (including setterm --foreground black --background black --cursor off --clear all) is initiated every time you login via SSH.

On the hand commenting out setterm -powersave off -blank 0 in ~/.bashrc removes those setterm errors but I’m not sure if they caused any problem anyway.