How to edit posts?

Hi Jeremias,

I returned to the OpenFrame forum to add some info to my original thread. I must be blind— I don’t see any button that will permit me to open the original post in order to make modifications. Specifically I wanted to put an addendum right at the opening of my first post explaining that I found a solution and explain what that was. Are making changes to an old post verboten? Or I am just not seeing an “edit” button somewhere on that page?

Thanks for providing some clarity on this—

Kerry

@kgivens Thanks so much for sharing your findings here. This is great. :raised_hands: I’m glad your frame is working again.

I returned to the OpenFrame forum to add some info to my original thread. I must be blind— I don’t see any button that will permit me to open the original post in order to make modifications. Specifically I wanted to put an addendum right at the opening of my first post explaining that I found a solution and explain what that was. Are making changes to an old post verboten? Or I am just not seeing an “edit” button somewhere on that page?

I’m not sure if you’re referring to the old Google group or this forum. In this forum you can always edit your post using the pen button under your post:

Hey Jerry, getting back to you on this question about editing an old post. I don’t see that pen icon on any of my posts in this thread. I’ve got a heart icon, a link icon, three dots which open up some additional icons (a flag, a ribbon, and a trashcan), and finally a reply button— but no pen for editing. FYI I’m looking at my thread in the openframe.discourse.group forum, and I’m signed in. What am I doing wrong?

Editing time of posts was set low by default. I’ve changed this to indefinite for now.

Can you please try again? Please be aware: other users are not going to get notified on your edits.