Release of Processing extension

I’ve been working on a Processing extension for Openframe during the past weeks and am very happy to announce it’s release today.

I’m sure you’ve heard of it before, but just in case:

Processing is a flexible software sketchbook and a language for learning how to code within the context of the visual arts. Since 2001, Processing has promoted software literacy within the visual arts and visual literacy within technology. There are tens of thousands of students, artists, designers, researchers, and hobbyists who use Processing for learning and prototyping.

I believe this Openframe extension is not only great for everyone who enjoys gazing at their own sketches every now and then. I also think it will be valuable for all Processing teachers and students who would like to show off their work in an exhibition. I myself have needed a way to show a series of Processing sketches on an affordable device before and hope this might be of help.

The extension supports URLs to either a single .pde or a .zip file containing multiple .pde files and/or Processing libraries. You can find install instructions and more details here: https://github.com/jvolker/Openframe-Processing

Looking forward to seeing it out in the wild.

Thanks a lot to karlosgliberal for starting this extension a few years ago and for allowing me to continue on it!

Awesome, thanks for all your work on this Jeremias!